It’s the law. Stay protected.
WHAT IS HIPAA?
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
It’s the national standard by which medical providers are required to maintain confidentiality and privacy when handling patient medical records and personal health information. HIPAA does the following:
- reduces health care fraud and abuse;
- requires the protection and confidential handling of sensitive (i.e. protected) health information;
- mandates national standards for handling healthcare information, electronic billing, and other processes; and
- provides millions of American workers and their families the option to transfer and continue health insurance coverage even when they change or lose their jobs.
HOW THIS IMPACTS YOU
Like most medical providers, you may already be HIPAA compliant. However, if you’re beginning to offer virtual appointments or use video software to communicate, then the provider of that software must also abide by the HIPAA rules. And that is where we can help.
WHY CHOOSE HIPAA VIDEO
- Full HIPAA compliance
- Improved collaboration
- Peace of mind for the patient
- Virtual workstations
- Secure file transfers
- Comprehensive legal protection
- Cost-efficient communications and transactions
- Easy-to-use electronic prescriptions
We don’t put HIPAA in our name for nothing. We help you comply with all the HIPAA rules in two ways. First, we encrypt all audio/video communication as it is transmitted point-to-point so that not even HIPAA Video can access the information. This gives you and your patient ultimate data privacy at all times. Second, we offer the HIPAA required Business Associate Agreement with all our clients. We agree to be responsible for the security of all patient data and commit to reporting any problems to all our partners immediately.
Benefits to you
Full HIPAA Compliance
Improved team working capabilities
Peace of mind for the patient
Work from anywhere
Secure file transfer functionality